To all patients of Vision Care Center:
With the recent extension of the Illinois “Stay at Home Order” announced on April 23, 2020, we wanted to send an update to our patients on how this affects our practice. Since the pandemic began, Vision Care Center has remained open, but were only approved to provide emergency care. With new updated guidelines from the CDC, we are now permitted to resume routine eye care – effective Monday, May 4, 2020.
VCC is taking the utmost precautionary actions as we have implemented screening measures and safety precautions in order to protect the health and safety or our patients, staff and community.
Per the Governor’s Executive order, you must wear a mask when you are in public and will need to have one on when entering our office. If you do not have one, we will be providing one upon arrival. Prior to entering the facilities, a member of our team will take your temperature, and ask you a series of COVID-19 questions adapted from the CDC. Please note that guests or family members are asked to stay in their vehicles to further our efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protect our staff and patients.
During the current COVID-19 crisis, please consider the CDC’s recommended precautions before, during and after your visit:
- Reschedule your appointment if you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
New policies at VCC:
- We ask that you wait in your car and call (309) 670+2020 upon arrival to “check-in”
- To control the number of people in the office at any given time, we will be scheduling all eyeglass pickup and dispensing visits
- To avoid in-office pickup of contact lenses, will be shipping these to you at no extra cost
In addition to implementing safety measures for our patients, we will also be implementing screening protocols for our staff. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 crisis and are following the guidance and expertise of the Centers for Disease Control and Infection (CDC), the state and local public health officials, the Illinois Optometric Association (IOA) and the American Optometric Association (AOA).
To schedule your appointment or if you have further questions, please contact us at (309) 670+2020.
Thank you for your patience with us during this time.
The Doctors and Staff of Vision Care Center